See us at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, May 31-June 2.
We will be in Room 218 Atrium Hotel along with Teresonic; also in Rooms 520 and 323 Hilton
Baetis Audio – we compete with the very best or we don’t do it.
Baetis Audio presents the Baetis Revolution™. This small wonder of a media server can handle more types of audio and video file than any other audiophile-quality player, server, or computer. Think of just about any type of high-quality audio or video file that exists in digital form – CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, Super Audio CDs (SACDs), internet streaming of hi-def audio and video, high-definition digital download files from sites such as HDTracks.com or ReferenceRecordings.com, the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall, hi-def television, etc. – then add to this all the types of low or medium quality music and video files such as MP3 files, Pandora, Hulu, Rhapsody, You-Tube and 1000’s of other internet-based media – and you can start to understand what this little machine can do.
For each of these major types of entertainment, the Baetis computer can do the following:
Rip (copy) the audio or AV disc for long-term permanent storage in your home, not on some far off web server. Ripping is perfect and uncompressed. This is NOT like making an MP3 file out of a CD – a ripping process that compresses the CD’s music into ¼ or less of the inherent information originally on the CD. Ripping of Blu-ray discs can create files of 30G’s or more (that’s gigabytes not megabytes) in perfect form. Of course, we do not condone any illegal copying of media and do not make or sell copying software. We do not ship our computers loaded with unlicensed decryption software. Ripping of SACDs requires special additional equipment, but DSD files are available for sale online.
Store the file so that you can instantly browse through thousands of albums, concerts, and movies on your monitor’s screen and see all the information you need regarding each file – info such as the cover art, name, director, actors or musicians, release date, etc.
Retrieve the file and play it back in perfect bit-streaming mode to your cherished Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC) or Multi-Channel DAC/pre-amp/video processor (Pre/Pro). The Baetis handles more types of audio or video file than any other bit-streaming device, and plays them all without Digital Signal Processing (DSP) that can reduce the quality of the sound or video on its way to your DAC or pre/pro. We believe that no other server can provide non-DSP bit-streaming, for such a wide array of file types, and yet remain perfectly silent. If you are a true audiophile you will be amazed at the sound quality coming from a Blu-ray concert with TrueHD or DTS-Master sound-tracks. And when you want DSP, our server has more DSP options than any other media server.
Act as the central server for whole-house music and video. Unlike other whole house wifi-based systems commonly in use, the Baetis’ household wifi system results in bit-perfect, uncompressed audio and video going to any other room of the house.
Stream your entire music and video collection to your Android or iPad whenever you are traveling and have access to wifi. Again, this is done without compression. You will want to buy MUCH better earphones for your tablet than you are now probably using.
Because the Baetis media computer does so much more than “passively cooled” media servers (which can’t handle the processing power needed to perfectly bit-stream Blu-ray files), the Baetis must have copper heat sinks and cooling fans. But our cooling systems are specially designed to be unheard by the human ear at a distance of under a meter from the computer. Our audiophile computers produce less noise than the sound of human breathing at 1 meter, as measured by a digital sound pressure meter. The special milling of our fans and heat sinks is what makes this possible.
For the ultimate in remote controls, the Baetis can be controlled by a dedicated touch-screen Android or iOS device from a listening/viewing position anywhere in the house.
Finally, our machines sell for a fraction of the major brands, some of which go for well more than $10,000 yet cannot handle blu-ray discs, or cannot stream some audio bit-depths or resampling rates without DSP. Our products are better AND less expensive, and built right here in the USA.
Are you a true Stereophile? Do you have a carefully selected 2-channel audio system in a quiet listening room? If so – JOIN THE REVOLUTION and learn more about highest-definition media computers. You have NEVER heard sound this great.
Are you a videophile as well as an audiophile – with a high-end pre/pro in a multi-channel Home Theater room? JOIN THE REVOLUTION
Have you built up your Home Theater around your 2-channel system, by adding a multi-channel amplifier to your main 2-channel amp that still powers your cherished right and left speakers? JOIN THE REVOLUTION and see how a 2-channel DAC added to your multi-channel pre/pro can make your audio even better than it is now.
If you have a multi-channel Home Theater built around a boxed set of 5.1 speakers, driven by a “receiver” that costs far less than the television – well, we can’t help you. Sorry. But we may have some recommendations for you that might be of interest.
Are you a retailer that now deals with one of the highest end audio server systems such as Sooloos™, or do you install whole-house audio/video systems such as Kaleidescape™? Well, it’s time to recognize the deficiencies of your products and begin to carry a line that is demonstrably better, more flexible, and significantly less expensive.
The Baetis Revolution™ has the following capabilities:
· Pure bit-streaming of all major audio formats – including resampling rates to 384khz and bit-depths up to 64-bits, not just 24-bits or 32-bits. “Pure bit-steaming” means that the audio and video reaches the expensive DAC or pre-pro without any digital signal processing.
· HDMI, optical, and coaxial S/PDIF audio outputs (in RCA and BNC connections)
· Zero latency audio/video streaming
· FLAC, ALAC, and all other major audio file types (including MP3, but that would be sacrilege!). If you have Apples Lossless files you may transfer these easily to a Baetis computer, and the sound will beat what now comes out of your Apple.
· MKV, MPEG4, M2TS and all other major video file types
· Silent operation – equals the noise of the audio system on standby; is less than the noise of human breathing at 1 meter from the computer.
· Proprietary cooling and silent fan system for maintaining critical temperatures
· 3-day burn-in process to stabilize CPU and motherboard temperatures
· Software for auditing and adjusting internal temperatures via adjustment of the silent fans
· 1080p video streaming with 3D capability
· Ripping and playback of Blu-ray, DVD, and CDs.
· Playing of DSD files with DSP (files found on SACDs); DSD bit-streaming to DACs with DSD capability
· Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, and any other browser based services, including the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall.
· Major browser based services played through JRiver Media Center software, for the very best in bit-streaming to DACs and pre/pros
· Preloaded and configured JRiver media software – regarded by audiophiles as the best streaming software for audio.
· USB 3.0 ports for fastest possible external storage of audio/video files
· Internal silent and quick 128G Solid-State Drive (boots in under 20 seconds); required for error-free ripping of blu-ray discs. Larger SSDs available as options.
· Tablet based remote control (Android and iPad)
· Theater View of audio files and movies with internet based artist-photo streaming
· Multi-room capable via JRiver streaming to client audiophile computers – much faster and error-free compared to DLNA or playing from a network server or AirPlay™. Streaming to another room can be uncompressed.
· Small size (9.5” x 10” x 4.25”) to fit in almost any AV set-up.
· High quality switch-mode external PSU with 4-pin DC Kycon connection to the computer. We also install optional connectors for the very best LiFePO4 battery-based PSUs or linear PSUs. The quality of the DC input is very important to the sound quality.
· Industry-leading BNC-S/PDIF digital output from dedicated header on motherboard. Includes Pulse isolation transformer, special wiring, and emi-reduction material. Also has USB, Toslink, and RCA 2-channel audio outputs, as well as multi-channel HDMI. All output housings are protected with emi-reduction material.
· 90-day risk free trial period (U.S. only)
· 2-year hardware warranty
· 1-year telephone support for media software, 90-day support for OS
· Can perform all other PC functions, but we require it be used ONLY as a dedicated A/V computer.
· Downside: It is addictive; you may have to buy a better DAC and/or a larger equipment rack to fit the flat-screen monitor.
· Price without dealer on-site set-up and service: $3595, including a highest quality 2T external USB 3.0 silent drive. Overseas clients --- Please email us for information on developments in your country. Each machine is custom built, so you must order by telephone, 406-686-4282, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Baetis media server is on the left side of the bottom shelf; less than one-half the size of the high-end CD/SACD player. Below, we have it in Silver – both cases are 100% thick aluminum and built tough.
Here are some screen shots to show you how the JRiver software and its Android/iPad application work. These photos show the sexy aspect of the system, but, if you are an audiophile or videophile, all that really matters is the quality of the bit-streaming going from the computer to your DAC or pre-pro or to BOTH a 2-channel DAC and a multi-channel pre/pro in some Home Theater set-ups. Please call us to discuss these possibilities, but remember: Our aim is to be the very best at the bit-streaming process. You MUST listen to one of our computers to hear this, or to see it in the video quality.
A listing of Artists on the Android. Another screen shows a listing of Albums. On the monitor within your system, the cover art can be made much larger.
In this screen shot on the Android, you have all the controls at your disposal as in an ordinary remote control, but these controls work anywhere in your home, not just 10 feet away from the computer. Note that volume controls are also available, but no audiophile would use the volume control from the computer (because it uses digital signal processing), when this can be done so much more accurately within the DAC or pre/pro or within your current pre-amplifier.
The front page of the Samsung Android device – the icon for running the JRiver app (called “Gizmo”) is right above the Music Hub icon on the lower left side of the Android. Note that the JRiver software can stream your audio or video to your tablet over any wifi connection and – get this – can do so in an uncompressed fashion. That is, no longer do you need to listen to music via an MP3 file while you are on the road. You can get an uncompressed FLAC or ALAC file sent to your Android, and listen to truly great music when you are using good quality headphones. Also, the Android application can stream perfect video onto the tablet over wifi.
For truly spectacular multi-room audio and video in your home, however, you would want to use a Baetis computer in each room (albeit one without blu-ray ripping capability or its own external silent hard drives). That is, the JRiver software sends audio and video files over your household wifi system WITHOUT compression, which can then be perfectly bit-streamed by another JRiver machine in another room. This is MUCH better sounding than audio/video streamed via DLNA or by something like AirPlay™. All you need in the “satellite” rooms, besides another Baetis computer, are additional DAC/amp/speakers. You can use some of the exceedingly good combo machines (DAC/pre-amp/amp) made by, say, Bel Canto or Wadia in other rooms and hook up some speakers that sound wonderful in small rooms at surprisingly low prices. Talk to us about these possibilities. You can have compactness, beauty, and truly great sound and video, anywhere in the house or on the road, at reasonable prices.
Here is the JRiver animated Movie list while in the sexy Theater View on the computer. But audiophiles don’t really care about this kind of stuff, right? Please read some of the other materials on our site and then call or e-mail us for what will certainly be an interesting conversation. Retailers: Join the Revolution before some competitor in your city does so.
E-mail or call us at:
Voice 406-686-4282 (please repeat your telephone number CLEARLY)
Or, send us your telephone number in an e-mail and we'll call you!
Before you call or e-mail, please read the other sections of this website – see the choices at the top of this Home page. In highest-quality audio/video components, everything matters. Any dealer will tell you this – everything matters -- and we know it to be true. But improvement in sound or video quality always comes at a cost, and the question is, which improvements give you the most bang for your buck.
We are constantly working to improve our product, and our What’s New section details some recent improvements. It also matters what the client uses as upgrades for things like power supplies, current cables, and interconnects – for the digital world, these things are at least as important as for the analog world. Improvement in digital coaxial cables, current cables, and PSUs have been breath-taking in the last few years. When you add to this the breakthrough in computer CPUs with truly remarkable integrated sound/video, we are now at a point where digital music, like digital video, does not have to take a back seat to anything. But it all begins with what we now think is the most important part in any system – the 2-channel DAC or multi-channel pre/pro (or both in some systems). Our server is not for everyone, and its performance can clearly be improved over its default construction, depending on your choices for its sister components. But we believe that, with the proper partners, our server can beat anything out there now and for some time to come in the future. Keep an open mind, never stop learning, and you will be amazed at what you find – and hear, and see.
The Baetis Revolution™ -- $3595 plus shipping and insurance, without dealer set up. Please email or call us to discuss upgrade options and dealer setup in various parts of the U.S. and Canada.